1. Oversees the entire project management process on assigned projects, with responsibility of meeting or exceeding project revenue and other target goals.
- Responsible, in conjunction with the Group Publisher, for developing sales strategies and activities to meet and/or exceed assigned sales and other project targets.
- Implements, evaluates and measures the sales strategy progress and sales on assigned projects, and recommends adjustments when needed. Provides regular reporting on progress.
- Works with a multidisciplinary team including the Project Leader, Marketing Account Specialist, Content Strategist, and Group Publisher to review media kits and other information for accuracy. Makes strategic suggestions to enhance products or services, as needed, and to maximize revenue expectations on assigned projects.
- Works with Project Coordinator to ensure sales plan details are setup in MIS in a timely, complete and accurate manner and other steps are taken to ensure timely project opening meeting and follow-up progress meetings.
- Monitors call volume and sales activity, and provide timely and accurate reporting and feedback to the Group Publisher and others involved on the project.
- Assists with the implementation of clean-up strategy, in consultation with the Group Publisher
- Resolves territory disputes through consultations with other Project Managers representing their sales rep and by referencing the sales policies. If no resolution can be reached, consult with the Group Publisher, Senior Group Publisher or the Group Vice President
- With guidance from Group Publisher, coordinates the sales approval process, which includes reviewing and approving discounts, commission changes, and type of sale changes.
2. Provides support, as necessary, to the Group Publisher for monitoring performance and progress of the sales team.
- May have sales representatives assigned as direct reports and be responsible for managing and coaching assigned team.
- Provides coaching and performance accountability to sales representatives on their assigned projects.
- Reviews sales performance reports on a regular basis, at least weekly. Identifies any issues with sales rep or project performance, or direction that may need to be addressed, and reports findings to the Group Publisher.
- Works with the Group Publisher regarding decisions related to team size, and the adding and/or removing of sales reps and/or project leaders from the project. As directed, may communicate to sales reps or project leaders information regarding removal from a project
3. Other Project Management Responsibilities
- Participates in sales management and territory meetings and other meetings related to people, team, territory or sales management.
- Ensures business activities are conducted within the Naylor code of conduct and in a professional manner with the highest degree of quality.
- Promotes teamwork among the various functions of the branch and the company to ensure long-term success of the business.
- Performs other related duties as needed or assigned.
- In the event that the Group Publisher is unavailable, the Project Manager will assist with other team related issues and may assume some responsibilities of the Group Publisher as directed.
- Other duties related to sales or project management, or related to the success of the project or company, may be assigned as needed or required.