I. Develops annual business objectives:
- Prepares an annual business development plan, in conjunction with the VP of Association Relationships, EVP of Sales, and other staff on assigned associations. The plan establishes performance goals for the year in terms of renewing existing associations, identifying the associations which can support additional products and services and detailing a plan for providing outstanding customer service to associations.
- Attends industry tradeshows and networking events to assist in Naylor’s business development efforts.
II. Grows Revenue on Assigned Accounts:
- Oversees the development and implementation of the sales story and strategy on all assigned associations. This includes creating and communicating the best value proposition for each association and providing clear direction on the best lead sources to pursue.
- Partners with senior sales management, Project Managers, Marketing, Editors and Project Coordinators to fully implement execute and monitor all sales results on assigned association projects.
- Works with Project Manager and other staff to identify, evaluate and assist with prioritizing lead sources for the Sales team.
III. Retains profitable, quality accounts:
- Serves as the primary liaison with association clients. Manages the overall communication process and relationship with the association to control and determine the number of different Naylor team members who communicate with the association.
- Reviews existing accounts for ongoing profitability and works with project and sales management teams to improve performance. When appropriate, renegotiates contract terms and/or cancels contracts.
- Constantly explores new product opportunities with the association, where appropriate and applicable.
- Periodically conducts follow-up phone calls or onsite visits to clients to gauge customer satisfaction and determine areas for improvement and/or expansion of services to the association and/or the industry.
IV. Coordinates internal efforts to service association clients:
- Manages and supervises a team of staff, including the Project Manager, Editor, Marketing Account Specialist, Project Coordinator, and other staff assigned to an association’s project(s).
- Responsible for managing existing association client accounts by ensuring outstanding customer service and serving as client’s primary service contact and advocate.
- Serves as main point of contact with the association and as liaison between the association and Naylor’s departments, including sales, project management, editorial, marketing, etc. Works with these departments to maximize sales opportunities and service.
- Facilitates the PPTM, project opening and progress meetings along with the Project Manager.
- Oversees the work of the Project Manager and Project Coordinator to insure all rates, indexes, and personnel are set up correctly prior to project opening or renewal dates.
- Oversees the process of project setup and shares information from association with all departments necessary to service client.
- Works to clearly understand the communications and non-dues revenue goals and objectives of each association assigned. Responsible for clearly communicating back to the association how Naylor's efforts are working to fulfill those goals and objectives.
- Provides timely resolution for association issues related to sales, editorial and production.
V. Manages a Team of Sales Representatives to ensure effective implementation of and accomplishment of individual and team sales strategies and goals on all projects assigned
- Handles all supervisory responsibilities for assigned Sales Reps, including identification of training and coaching needs, team motivation, morale and incentives, as well as development, discipline and retention. May also provide and/or implement development strategies in conjunction with sales coaches.
- Makes decisions, in consultation with the Project Managers and other sales management staff, regarding team size and the adding and/or removing of Sales Reps and/or Project Leaders from a project.
- Responsible for setting and defining job performance and sales goals for Sales Reps, based upon their level of experience and training and company protocols.
- Oversees Sales Rep sales projections and sales calls and activities and provides direction to the Project Manager for timely and accurate reporting and feedback to Sales Reps and others involved on the project.
- Reviews sales performance reports on regular basis to identify issues with Sales Reps or project performance or direction that may need to be addressed.
- Provides higher level direction to Project Managers to manage territory and resolve territory disputes when Project Managers are unable to resolve the disputes after discussion and referencing sales policies.