Naylor is looking to hire a Credit & Collection Specialist to our team. This position serves as the Collection Department’s contact person and liaison with current and potential association clients. This role is responsible for the collection activities on overdue accounts, provide exceptional customer service for our association clients, and assist in managing account balances. Ideal candidate must be able to work in a team environment.
1. Ensures collections are made on a timely basis, primarily through reminder phone calls and email reminders both automated and manual.
2. Liaises with sales staff, sales and management to resolve concerns.
3. Forwards “difficult” accounts to the Credit and Collection Manager.
4. Provides customer service by acting as the liaison between the client, the sales representative and production when an ad error occurs.
5. Provides additional information to client to facilitate collection.
6. Coordinates with sales managers to start an ad error report once it has been determined that an error has occurred.
7. Submits a revised invoice to the client, as required.
8. Determines when an account has become unmanageable and provides recommendation to submit the account to an outside collection agency.
9. Prepares check requisitions and forwards to accounting when duplicate payments occur.
10. Provides notification to sales representatives of commission charge back.
11. Notifies delinquent customers that the account is being sent to a collection agency.
12. Coordinates with sales to ensure updates to company name or address are completed as required.
13. Supplies W9 forms to customers as requested.
14. Internal and external communication and service by working with accounting, production, and sales to request information as needed to resolve account issues.
15. Audit accounts to identify accuracy of cash posting on assigned accounts.
16. May conduct research to resolve account issues.