- Works with the Director of HR and Department Management to ensure a positive, productive, harassment-free workplace, including initiating programs, training, etc. to educate and inform employees and management.
- Work with management and employees in the location or business unit to resolve employee relations issues (in conjunction with the Director of Human Resources as necessary).
- Provide performance management guidance (coaching, counseling, guidance on company policies and practices, disciplinary actions, etc.) for employee related issues.
- Assist both employees and management through any questions and the process for FMLA, ADA, STD and LTD situations.
- Also responsible for handling all Regulatory compliance for the location/ business unit, including compliance with all non-discrimination and anti-harassment laws.
- Working with the Director of HR, partner with our insurance broker on benefits strategy, and annual renewal negotiations to provide the most attractive and affordable benefits package.
- Handle escalated questions and problems from management and employees in the assigned locations/business units.
- Manage the annual open enrollment process and communication for assigned locations/business unites.
- Create, distribute and interpret communication of benefits related documentation for employees.
- Ensure the creation and distribution of annual benefit statements to all employees.
- Working with the Director of HR, on compensation administration for the assigned locations/business units, including Researching compensation trends and performing periodic review of the salary structure for all positions through credible sources
- Working with various department management on incentive compensation plans and programs
- Working with Director of HR and Finance in the creation of annual salary-planning budgets
- Assisting in the annual salary planning/ merit increase process.
- Responsible for Recruiting to fill all new and vacant positions within an assigned business unit in a timely manner.
- Works with the local universities and job fairs, to ensure a continual pipeline of qualified candidates.
- Ensure the recruiting strategy, and its execution, effectively positions Naylor as a desired employer for candidates.
Human Resource Records and Administration:
- Works with the Corporate HR and Payroll team to ensure all On-Boarding, HR records, HRIS and Payroll system activities which must be performed by business unit management are accomplished in a proper and timely manner
- Works with and supports the central HR records team by working with management in the business unit/ location to ensure proper procedures and compliance.
Health and Safety: Work with Management to ensure a safe and productive working environment, including compliance with all OSHA laws and regulations.
Human Resources: Serves as the “content expert” related to Human Resources and Employee Relations policy and practice. Maintains up to date knowledge of on-going and changing state and federal legal requirements related to all areas of HR, and particularly for employee relations and performance management of employees, to reduce legal risks and ensure compliance.
Perform other duties as assigned and/or as may be required.